Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Editing Practice

Dear classes,
I am very sorry that I can't be with you today. This is a very difficult time for my family. However, I need to make a few notes:
Period 2 - I have received wonderful reports. Keep up the good work!
Periods 6 and 7- I have received a list of several students who refuse to do work. This is quite disappointing. If I receive another "NEGATIVE" report saying that students are not working, and the sub refuses go over the work, I will change the assignment to something that will keep everyone engaged. I really need you to cover the editing material, but I also need to start another research project....YOU PICK. DO YOU REALLY WANT THAT TYPE OF ASSIGNMENT WITHOUT ME???? HHHHHMMMMMM......I WOULD THINK TWICE. Needless to say, I am quite upset with the report. I will deal with the issue accordingly!!

Trust me, all of the assignments you have been doing are being graded. I have a lot of extra time as I sit at the hospital.

I am sure this was just a misunderstanding, and the report WILL be much better for the rest of the week.

Have a better day,
Mrs. C.

Goal: Students will practice their editing skills

**Please note that you will turn these assignments in at the end of the period
**The substitute will go over the answers with you.
**You will get credit for completing the assignments

1. All work must be completed on white lined paper
2. In your green Writing and Grammar Texts located on the computer towers, complete the following pages:
489
491 exercise B
496 exercise 9
497 exercise 10
501 exercise 18
503 exercise 21


Make sure your name is on the paper

1.5.11D- Write with a command of the stylistic aspects of composition

No comments:

Post a Comment